Oregon State Board of Nursing
17938 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd.
Portland, Oregon 97224-7012
Visit the OSBN website to get your license number after testing; to look up your license to see if you are in “good standing”; to check on your license renewal; to learn about transferring your license from another state; to change your address; to get common questions answered, and a lot more.
The Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) oversees our programs. They are also responsible for determining licensure and certification requirements, interpreting the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, evaluating and approving nursing education programs and nursing assistant training programs, issuing licenses and renewals, investigating complaints and taking disciplinary action against licensees who violate the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, maintaining the nursing assistant registry, administering competency of evaluations, imposing disciplinary sanctions for nursing assistants, and providing testimony to the legislature and other organizations as needed.
Listed below are links to the Oregon State Board of Nursing and Department of Health Services regulations which govern our program and the roles of Nursing Assistants and CMAs in Oregon:
- DIVISION 1 Rules of Practice and Procedure
- DIVISION 47 Standards for Community-Based Care Registered Nurse Delegation
- DIVISION 61 Standards for Training Programs for Nursing Assistants and Medication Aides
- DIVISION 62 Standards for Certification of Nursing Assistants and Medication Aides
- DIVISION 63 Standards and Authorized Duties for Certified Nursing Assistants and Certified Medication Aides
How to Schedule State Exam:
Once the certificate packet is issued to the student, you will submit your application and payment to OSBN. OSBN will email you with a link to Headmaster, where you will schedule your state exam. You will log into Headmaster with the user name and password provided in your packet. You may reschedule an exam date up until three business days before your scheduled exam date online, or by calling Headmaster at 1-800-393-8664.
PO Box 6609
Helena, MT 59604
Phone: (800) 393-8664
Fax: (406) 442-3357
OSBN Board Exam Fees:
Fees are payable to: OSBN. Fees submitted as part of the application process are not refundable.
Nursing Assistant – Initial Examination: $106.00 and Finger Print Processing: $70.50
(For applicants to obtain Oregon Nursing Assistant1 certification who have not been certified as a Nursing Assistant in another state or jurisdiction, and who have completed an OSBN-approved and minimum OBRA standard Nursing Assistant training within the last two years.)
CMA – Initial Examination: $73.00
NA-1 and MA students will be fingerprinted as set by the OSBN regulations for board certification testing. Effective September 1, 2015, applicants for certification testing will have their fingerprints taken via Livescan, a digital process for fingerprint capture. The State of Oregon has contracted with Fieldprint to handle fingerprint collection services. It has the largest network of Livescan collection site throughout the country.
- Students are required to submit their Certification for Examination Application and processing fees to the OSBN for board testing and their fingerprint-based criminal background check before getting their fingerprints.
- Applicants must have an appointment; all walk-ins will be turned away.